Birds make little artisan nests from branches with their beaks, but humans like Nicaraguan master potter Jose Guerrero and a ten-woman artisan cooperative in the remote community of Cinco Pinos make these artisan Pine and Clay Bird Shelters. The ceramic upper shelters are handmade using a non-electric pottery wheel to sculpt the clay, which are then kiln-dried, and the "nest" base is constructed from handwoven gathered pine needles, acrylic, and nylon. Just hang this stylish, weatherproof bird shelter from a tree branch and one lucky bird will discover a cool housing alternative. Available in three styles in orange, blue, and green.
- Structure Designer: Nicaraguan master potter Jose Guerrero
- Nest Designer: ten-woman artisan cooperative in the remote community of Cinco Pinos
- Ceramic bird shelter made on a non-electric pottery wheel and then kiln-dried
- Materials Clay, pine, acrylic, nylon
- Orange: 5.5" H x 5.5" Diameter x 6.5" D
- Blue: 12" H x 7" Diameter x 7" D
- Green: 5.5" H x 5.5" Diameter x 6.5" D